St Simon's Parish Blog

Welcome to the Blog of St Simon Stock Catholic Church, South Ashford, Kent, UK. Our address is: Brookfield Road Ashford Kent TN23 4EU

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Syro Malabar Catechism Classes

If any parishioner were to ask me if they could run catechism classes for the children of the parish, they would get an unqualified 'yes'. This is what I was asked by one of our Syro Malabar people a couple of weeks ago, and here they are in action on their first Saturday evening.




This is very much the tradition in Kerala as I witnessed myself when I visited there a couple of years ago. Although the priest is involved, it is the laity who carry out the teaching of the faith.

So, if any of our Latin Catholics in the parish, whether they be from the broadly English speaking community, the Polish community, or other wish to run catechism, just let me know.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home